ADAS Onshore ROV Pilot
Entry to the training scheme requires evidence that the student:
- Are at least 18 years of age at the commencement of training.
- Hold a valid certificate of medical fitness to dive, the certificate should have been issued within 90 days of the commencement of the training. If a trainee’s health has changed significantly since the medical certificate was issued, the trainee shall seek an appropriate medical review.
- Understand written and verbal communication in English Unless NonEnglish Language (NEL) speaking course arrangements have been made with ADAS, can understand written and verbal communication in English, and can communicate effectively in English with other persons.
- Has appropriate numeracy ability - can add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions; calculate percentages; and transpose and solve simple formulas, e.g. gas laws.
- Hold either a recognised current Diver Medic Technician certificate or a current First Aid certificate from an accredited training organization (i.e. has been certified within 3 years of the conclusion of the proposed training program) and CPR skills must have been refreshed within the 12-month period prior to the conclusion of the training program. The student’s First
Aid qualifications must meet the competency requirements of HLTFA301B Apply first aid.
- Holds at least one of the following:
Electronic qualification or experience.
Electrical qualification or experience.
Hydraulic qualification or experience.
Mechanical qualification or experience.
Other relevant industrial experience*.
* A military service qualification meets the requirement of “other relevant experience” (qualified Navy Diver/Engineer etc).